Sunday, February 26, 2006

Austin rocks!

does anyone else see irony here?Finally, finally I have something good to say about Texas. Austin Rocks!

I'm here for work. I dreaded coming and put off registering for this conference until the last minute. My previous TX experiences have left me runnin' for the border. But everyone sez Austin is the jewel of tex-ass.

I'm hooked. Why? The downtown architecture rocks. People look you in the eye and talk to you. To a person: old, young, women, men. With sincerity. Once, twice maybe. But it's prevalent all over town.

It's the only place this northern urban black boy feels comfortable around people wearin' cowboy boots, driving pickup trucks, and drinking like, well, cowboys. Only it ain't a cowtown like Fort Worth.

I told Lisa I'm bringing her here. Austin rocks!