Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Seattle Police Dept. & #OccupySeattle

As many of you know, I'm deep into the #Occupy movement. My early involvement with #OccupySeattle including but was not limited to videotaping arrests as a witness. Long story short, I edited out one instance of police action that was a.) not representative of the Seattle Police Department and b.) outside of acceptable behavior by a police officer IMHO. I filed a formal complaint through OPA even though the action wasn't directed at me. Today I have the opportunity to sit down with the officer in question along with a mediator. The happy conclusion? The officer and I shared openly and honestly. We watched the video I shot. Officer JL was honest, forthright, and professional, and for that, I thank him from the bottom of my heart.

Om mani padme hum!